Building on our 15 years of expert reputation within the cleaning and decontamination space, here at Polar IceTech we have expanded our portfolio to include a medically validated disinfection service. We are delighted to bring this service offering to our customers and support them as they navigate this new post-Covid reality.
Some key points about our new service:
- Medically Validated: The biocide and technology we use was originally manufactured to successfully kill MRSA. It is now widely used in healthcare facilities throughout Europe and has been validated to kill bacteria and viruses under EU Norm EN14478
- Suitable and Safe: The biocide we use is Hydrogen Peroxide and will not damage skin, surfaces, materials, plants or pets. It is suitable for offices, workspaces, warehouses, canteens, changing areas, stores, production areas, labs, cleanrooms, production facilities etc
- Technology: Our service is a touchless service where our operators use a electrostatic technology which charges droplets of biocide and disperses them at a rapid and effective rate. The electric charge of the droplets means it can reach surfaces that may be otherwise deemed inaccessible – including cracks and crevasses in furniture, underneath keyboard keys, behind hand rails etc.
- Bacteria & Virus Free: The service is fully certified (swab testing available if required) & verified using droplet indicators.
- Availability: We cover the 32 counties & have equipment & operators in Cork, Limerick, Dublin, Galway/West & Northern Ireland. We are currently offering customers of a 4 hour lead-in to being onsite, however this is subject to the number of calls onsite at the time.
Disinfection Projects we have worked on since Covid-19 reached Ireland
- The Defence Forces decontaminating the L.É. Éithne before it was converted into a Covid-19 testing centre (see screenshot of LinkedIn post attached).
- An Garda Síochána disinfecting offices, cells and vehicles
- Private corporate offices
Supporting Documents to give further detail
- Video Interview with Consultant Keith McCracken, who has worked with this technology for over a decade, outlining the various particulars of the service.
- Article published in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology (2008) on ‘Efficacy of Dry Mist of Hydrogen Peroxide’
- Article published in Journal of Hospital Infection (2020) on ‘Persistence of coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces and
their inactivation with biocidal agents’ which notes 5% Hydrogen Peroxide as a viable disinfection against Covid-19 on inanimate surfaces.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for these