Cleaning boilers with Dry Ice Blasting can drastically increase boiler efficiency without damage to HRSG economiser tubes. A safe and fast cleaning method, Dry Ice Blasting easily removes difficult contaminants including rust and carbon build up while reducing the risk of catastrophic failure and unplanned outage.
Reduced energy consumption and increased efficiency are the results experienced, on average within 28 days, by Polar IceTech customers.
Boilers are heavily subjected to contaminants such as fly ash, scale, corrosion and rust, which build up over time and reduce the efficiency of the boiler. When the fouling within the boiler is significant, an obvious efficiency drop is noted together with a heightened risk of failure and downtime.
Why clean CHP Boilers with Dry Ice Blasting?
- Proven to significantly improve boiler efficiency.
- A moisture free process which does not contribute to the development of oxidation.
- Proven to reduce risk of catastrophic failure.
- No secondary waste therefore eliminating the costs of waste removal and treatment.
- Non abrasive therefore, unlike cleaning with grit, the Dry Ice Blasting process does not damage tubes.
- Fast efficient cleaning process therefore reduces downtime.
Dry Ice is an eco-friendly and a non-abrasive cleaning media ensuring no damage is caused to surfaces. It is also moisture free therefore it does not add to oxidation, which would further damage boiler tubes.
Dry Ice Blasting is a faster cleaning process than traditional methods such as high pressure washing, glass bead blasting, abrasive blasting, grit blasting and chemical cleaning; reducing downtime, and offering a higher quality of clean.
At Polar IceTech we offer multiple-clean contracts to many Irish companies where boilers are cleaned on a 5 or 7 week cycle in order to maintain efficiency.
Watch our team in action cleaning boilers in the video below.