Cleaning sensitive and critical applications such as ovens, conveyor systems and electrical components can often be a genuine concern for food and beverage manufacturers in Ireland. Dry Ice Blasting has proven to be a suitable application which not only cleans the surface but decontaminates the surface with FDA approved dry Ice leaving no residues and harmful secondary wastes.
Polar IceTech Ltd have been providing dry ice blasting cleaning solutions to the Irish Food & Beverage industry for the past decade. In this time dry ice blasting has contributed significantly to the efficiency of the equipment, the maximising of downtime, the reduction of the industry’s carbon footprint and the peace of mind that the cleaning process used is certified by the Food Safety Authority and eco-friendly.
Cleaning surfaces using food grade / certified dry ice (CO₂) can effectively decontaminate food processing equipment from dangerous bacteria such as Listeria, E. coli and Salmonella.
- Dry Ice Blasting is an FDA, EPA USDA approved process.
- Eco Friendly Process – no chemicals or solvents.
- Kills 99.9 % of bacteria & acts as a decontaminant ( Dry ice -78.5 Deg C)
- No Secondary waste – Saving on water usage, clean up time
- Reduce cleaning time – limited / no disassembly
- Non Abrasive & Non Conductive – can be used on live electrical equipment.
- Efficiency increase on equipment such as electric motors, boilers, heat exchangers, ovens, packaging equipment.
- Moisture free cleaning process.
- Everyday the food industry deals with the challenge of maintaining hygiene standards and cleanliness. The equipment utilized in this industry needs to be perfectly clean in order to maximize the production capacity and to reduce the chances of accidents occurring due to poor maintenance.
- Food processing and packaging equipment gets dirty with oil, grease, wax, proteins, seasonings, crumbs, glue and other build-up. This prevents the equipment from operating at peak efficiency. Traditional methods like wire brushes, sand blasting, solvents and high pressure are time-consuming, ineffective and usually involve significant amounts of water, resulting in further waste issues. The Dry Ice Cleaning method which uses food grade dry ice pellets or blocks, is fast becoming the preferred cleaning process across many industries.
For further information on Dry Ice Blasting in the Food & Beverage Industry.