Historical Restoration with Dry Ice Blasting
Historical restoration projects require cleaning methods which will fully restore the beauty of aged artifacts and buildings without causing damage to the substrate. Dry Ice Blasting is quickly becoming one of the most popular cleaning methods due to it’s non-abrasive feature which allows it to be delicate enough to clean historical documents and aggressive enough to remove bitumen and damage from fire, smoke and flooding.
Dry Ice Blasting is a completely dry process which breaks the dirt on the surface of the object while decontaminating. It is a highly efficient process which means it significantly reduces labour costs and the gets the work done up to 80% faster than traditional cleaning methods
Watch us in action
Key Features of Dry Ice Blasting
- Non-abrasive, won’t damage surface integrity
- Delicate enough to clean historical documents
- Aggressive enough to remove tar, lead paint and damage from fire, flood & smoke
- No use of chemicals which can damage exteriors
- Environmentally responsible
- No secondary waste
- Decontaminates surfaces
Key Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting
- Reduce cleaning time up to 80%
- Reveals intricate details of historic structures
- Safely cleans delicate surfaces and structures
- Removes lead based paint, smoke damage and adhesives
- Thorough clean in tight areas
- Reduced cleaning time and associated labor costs
- Reduced encapsulation needs
- Enhanced worker safety
- Restores wood, brick, concrete and metal to original condition
Polar IceTech & Historical Restoration
Dry Ice Blasting is quickly becoming one of the leading choices for Historical restoration cleaning projects. The process of Dry Ice Blast Cleaning can be adjusted so it can be delicate enough to clean historically significant paper documents that are centuries old and tough enough to remove oil, dirt and even tar which have been on the object with many years.
Effectively and efficiently can be used to remove:
- Lead paint abatement
- Fire, smoke, water damage
- Adhesive and tar removal
- Reversal of aging effect
- Removal of corrosive contaminants
- Mold Remediation
Can be used to restore priceless private and public:
- Objets d’Art
- Grave Markers
- Ceramic Mosaics
- Cast Iron
- Marble statues and fountains
- Copper and bronze metals
Enter your email address below and you can download our comprehensive guide to Dry Ice Blasting.
How can we help?
Using the contact form below, fill in the details of your cleaning requirement and we will revert to you with suggestions and recommendations of how Dry Ice Blasting can improve your efficiencies and reduce your downtime.