Dry Ice Blasting & Power Generation
Dry Ice Blasting is the most efficient, effective, safest and cleanest way to clean high value assets and critical components within the power generation industry. At Polar IceTech, we work with industry decision makers to help maintain high standards and provide specialist cleaning solutions for any electrical and mechanical application.
Equipment efficiency in power plants and power generation facilities is essential for maximum productivity. Dry Ice Blasting is a non-conductive, environmentally responsible cleaning process which allows equipment to be cleaned in-place, without cool-down or disassembly.
It works expertly on contaminants including carbon deposits, heavy corrosion, rust & scale, sulfur, grease, oil, resins and oxidation.
It decreases the risk of catastrophic equipment failure by easily removing carbon, grease and dirt. It also reduces the typical outage time needed for cleaning by up to 85%. Dry ice blasting is an eco-friendly cryogenic cleaning solution which helps power generation facilities meet environmental demands.
Watch us in action
- Efficient cleaning
- Cleans equipment in-place
- Easily removes carbon, grease and dirt
- Elimination of secondary waste
- Environmentally responsible
- Electrical and mechanical equipment and components cleaned while in place
- Reduced outage by up to 85%, saving time & money
- A faster clean when compared with traditional cleaning methods
- Reduces risk of catastrophic failure
- No chemicals used and non-toxic
- No secondary waste disposal costs
- Reduced energy consumption and increased efficiency
Polar IceTech & the Power Generation Industry
For over a decade, we at Polar IceTech have been working with our colleagues in the Irish and UK Power Generation Industries to offer eco-friendly cryogenic cleaning solutions. We have worked with some of the leading energy providers on both the island of Ireland and the UK – we have worked with them to not only clean their equipment but also on NDT and Surface Preparation projects. Some of the equipment we have experience in cleaning with Dry Ice include:
- Compressors and generators
- AC/DC motors
- Circuit breakers
- Switch gears
- Field frames
- Substation isolators and bushings
- Fire and smoke damage
SAFE ELECTRICAL CLEANING
The non-conductive, moisture-free properties of Dry Ice Blasting makes it safe for cleaning inearth delicate electrical and electric power generating equipment, while the non-abrasive properties ensure no damage is cause to critical components and screens.
Electric motors account for up to 80% of all available electric energy used by an industrial site. They also waste up to 50% of electric energy due to inefficient motor optimisation. Cleaning motors with Dry Ice Blasting can increase operating efficiency and uptime. Using micro-particles to clean, electric equipment can to be cleaned in place, saving time and money through reduced labour and equipment downtime. The dry process means no secondary media waste and minimal clean up.
ADVANTAGES OF CLEANING ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT DRY ICE BLASTING
- No drying process
- No chemicals or water disposal issues
- No potential damage to any components
- Instant energy savings
- Restores optimal operating conditions quickly
- Restore efficiency without power disruptions
- Reduce catastrophic failures
- Improve megohm readings
- Increase polarisation indices
- Improve thermal dissipation
- Remove residues and deposits from voids
- Eliminate hazardous solvents and secondary waste
- Eliminate conductive cleaning agents
Download our comprehensive guide to Dry Ice Blasting in the Power Generation Industry
How can we help?
Using the contact form below, fill in the details of your cleaning requirement and we will revert to you with suggestions and recommendations of how Dry Ice Blasting can improve your efficiencies and reduce your downtime.