Dry Ice Blasting in the Oil & Gas Industry
Dirt, soot, grease, and oil build up in production facilities cause equipment to function poorly and can reduce equipment efficiency as well as create an unsafe working environment. This industry is always looking for new innovative processes to make scheduled downtimes much more productive.
Dry Ice Blasting equipment provides a quick, safe, non-toxic and economical cryogenic cleaning solution for facilities, industrial equipment, machinery, machine tools, and assembly line equipment.
Dry Ice Blasting cleans in-place without disassembly or cool down and is non-abrasive, non-conductive, non-corrosive, and does not use water. It is a completely dry and clean process.
Dry Ice Blasting also minimizes the disposal of hazardous wastes. With Dry Ice Blasting, the cleaning media (dry ice) sublimates – meaning it disappears without adding any secondary waste. The only waste is the material you were removing.
Key Features of Dry Ice Blasting
- Non-abrasive and suitable for delicate components and equipment cleaning without causing damage
- Dry clean – suitable for electrical equipment
- No secondary waste
- Gentle enough to clean radiator fins on fracking pump trucks
- Aggressive enough to remove Bitumen
Key Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting
- Non conductive
- Effectively removes heavy oils, bitumen, corrosion inhibitor chemicals
- Can be done hot, online as these contaminates can be baked on
- Can clean equipment / components in place
- Minimum disassembly
- Reduces / eliminates the need for chemicals
- Eliminates costs associated with waste collection and containments
- No “dry time” required or secondary contaminant to deal with.
- Eliminates the potential for sand and other grit media to enter process equipment
- Reduces equipment downtime
- Eliminates equipment preparation time for cleaning
- No damage to refractory
- No acidic damage or caustic etching
- Reduce cleaning time by up to 80%
Polar IceTech & the Oil & Gas Industry
Polar IceTech’s eco friendly Cryogenic Cleaning Solutions are ideal for making the most out of scheduled outages. Our team is highly trained to deliver a tailored onsite service to tackle any project with the most efficient, effective and appropriate dry ice blasting technology.
For over a decade Polar IceTech have been working with clients in the Oil & Gas industry and have applied Dry Ice Blasting to a range of equipment including:
- Furnace tubes
- Valves, Piping and other related equipment
- Tanks / vessels
- Process equipment
- HRSG’s economiser tubes
- Heat exchangers / radiators / fin-fan coolers
- Preparation of welds on process vessels prior to non-destructive testing
- Boilers, de aerators and other process water related equipment
Enter your email address below and you can download our comprehensive guide to Dry Ice Blasting.
How can we help?
Using the contact form below, fill in the details of your cleaning requirement and we will revert to you with suggestions and recommendations of how Dry Ice Blasting can improve your efficiencies and reduce your downtime.