Dry Ice Blasting in the Oil & Gas Industry
Dirt, soot, grease, and oil can build up in Oil & Gas facilities, which reduces equipment efficiency and can result in an unsafe working environment.
Dry Ice Blasting is an innovative cleaning solution which makes scheduled downtimes more productive. It is a quick, safe, non-toxic and sustainable cryogenic cleaning solution for facilities, industrial equipment, machinery, machine tools, and assembly line equipment.
Dry Ice Blasting cleans in-place without disassembly or cool down and is non-abrasive, non-conductive and non-corrosive. It is a completely dry, clean process which does not use water.
Dry Ice Blasting produces no secondary waste, leaving only the primary contaminant needing disposal.
Key Features of Dry Ice Blasting
- Dry, moisture free process – suitable for electrical equipment
- No secondary waste
- Gentle enough to clean radiator fins on fracking pump trucks
- Aggressive enough to remove Bitumen
Key Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting
- Effectively removes heavy oils, bitumen, corrosion inhibitor chemicals
- Can be done hot, online as these contaminates can be baked on
- Can clean in place
- Minimum/no disassembly
- Reduces equipment downtime
- No damage to refractory
- Reduces / eliminates the need for chemicals
- Reduces costs associated with waste collection and containments
- Eliminates the potential for sand and other grit media to enter process equipment
- No acidic damage or caustic etching
Polar IceTech & the Oil & Gas Industry
Polar IceTech’s eco friendly Cryogenic Cleaning Solutions are ideal for making the most out of scheduled outages. Our team is highly trained to deliver a tailored onsite service to tackle any project with the most efficient, effective and appropriate dry ice blasting technology.
For over a decade Polar IceTech have been working with clients in the Oil & Gas industry and have applied Dry Ice Blasting to a range of equipment including:
- Furnace tubes
- Valves, Piping and other related equipment
- Tanks / vessels
- Process equipment
- HRSG’s economiser tubes
- Heat exchangers / radiators / fin-fan coolers
- Preparation of welds on process vessels prior to non-destructive testing
- Boilers, de aerators and other process water related equipment
Enter your email address below and you can download our comprehensive guide to Dry Ice Blasting.
How can we help?
Using the contact form below, fill in the details of your cleaning requirement and we will revert to you with suggestions and recommendations of how Dry Ice Blasting can improve your efficiencies and reduce your downtime.