Dry Ice Blasting in the Medical Device Industry
Cleaning with Dry Ice Blasting is beneficial to the Medical Device Industry as it helps to maintain the tight tolerances of precision micro-moulds. Its non-abrasive nature ensures that micorscopic letters, numbers and trademarks moulded into the products are not damaged during cleaning.
Dry Ice Blasting enables manufacturers to optimize their process by cleaning contaminants from cavities, vents and hard-to-reach places. This is done without the use of chemicals, eliminating chemical residue on the mold. It is also approved by the EPA, FDA and USDA as an acceptable material in cleaning methods.
Watch us in action
Key Features of Dry Ice Blasting
- Non-abrasive – won’t damage moulds & delicate components
- No water or secondary waste
- Clean in-place, no disassembly required
- Decontaminate surfaces
- Environmentally responsible
- Non toxic – no chemicals used
Key Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting
- Cuts cleaning time by up to 75%
- Reduces replacement tooling costs & product scrap rates
- Improve product quality
- Process and product consistency
- Helps meet contract specifications
- Reduce downtime
- Increase productivity
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Helps meet strict industry standards for cleanliness
- Increased equipment efficiency
Polar IceTech & the Medical Device Industry
Polar IceTech have been working with Medical Device manufacturers for almost a decade to help them meet strict industry cleanliness standards.
Polar IceTech work with medical device companies who have delicate requirements cleaning catheter tips, surgical device handles, surgical instrument trays, or stents, to cleaning the clamping devices used during the fabrication process.
GENERAL MOLD AND TOOL CLEANING
- Liquid Injection Silicone Molds
- Thermoplastic Injection Molds
- Thermoset Injection Molds
DEFLASHING AND DEBURRING OF PARTS AND COMPONENTS
- Medical Stents and Implants
- Surgical Tools and Instruments
- Titanium, Stainless, PEEK products
- Catheter Tips
Enter your email address below and you can download our comprehensive guide to Dry Ice Blasting.
How can we help?
Using the contact form below, fill in the details of your cleaning requirement and we will revert to you with suggestions and recommendations of how Dry Ice Blasting can improve your efficiencies and reduce your downtime.