Job vacancy: Field Based Operations Lead
We are hiring!
Role: Field Based Operations Lead
Basis: Full time, Permanent
Location: Midleton, County Cork
Remuneration: €35,000 – €45,000 a year – Full time, permanent
Important Note: This is a field based role with extensive travel throughout Ireland. Weekend work & unsociable hours will be required from time to time so flexibility is a must for this role
The primary focus of this role is to lead the team on our customers sites throughout the island of Ireland
This role will also support the work of Polar IceTech’s Field Operations manager in all his duties, liaising with other team members and all duties required with mobilising a team for various projects throughout Ireland and the UK, maximising scheduling of projects, maintaining equipment & warehouse, facilities etc as well general duties. Ensuring that we continue to deliver on our high-quality service on time & within budget and along with all other company objectives & policies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare, including loading and unloading, all plant & blasting equipment for each project
- Operate Dry Ice Blasting equipment (full training will be provided) to clean customer equipment & components as per the scope of work set out
- Pre / post job preparation for all plant & equipment including loading / unloading & refueling of compressors etc, maintaining, cleaning & sorting all dry ice blasting plant & equipment as and when required.
- Drive to and from Polar IceTech customer sites based primarily across the island of Ireland (North & South) and the UK. Flexibility is a must as travel is frequent & can be both weekdays and weekends ( day and or night shifts)
- Set up & operation of blasting equipment in line with company safe operating procedure as and when required while onsite.
- Coordinate essential repairs, maintenance & servicing of truck & mobile compressors as well as all blasting equipment in line with standard operating procedures.
- Perform daily / monthly maintenance routines on dry ice blasting plant & equipment
- Carry out all work to client’s satisfaction with to the highest standards and in line with company guidelines.
- Professional field based experience in relevant industries is a MUST. 3 yrs+ (Preferred)
- Experience / knowledge of process and production equipment is an advantage
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to deliver results.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail is a MUST
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Willingness to pitch in as needed for general business activities.
- A full clean B + BE ( Trailer) driver license – with experience driving large commercial van and / or towing a trailer is an advantage.
- Experience working within confined spaces is also an advantage
- Current safe pass certification
- Manual handling certification
- Competitive Salary €35-45k (40 hour working week with time in lieu offered instead of overtime)
- Paid holidays
- Company phone and laptops
This is an ideal opportunity to work with a growing Irish owned company. The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated team that continues to deliver significant results for our customers. Excellent long-term career prospects with training & development opportunities for the right candidate.
More details about the role
At Polar IceTech, we are looking for a dynamic, self motivated, high energy professional to join our team & work out of our Midleton Co.Cork premises. This is a multi-function role which will see the successful applicant split their time between an onsite blast operator, leading the on site team and supporting our operations manager.
While the role is predominately field based with significant travel throughout Ireland and the UK, you will also be working out of our Midleton, Co.Cork premises. Flexibility is a MUST for this role.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding & experience within GMP sites (key industries include Power Generation, Medical Device, Food & Beverage), have project management experience and a sound understanding of MS Word and Excel and Google applications.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and cover letter, outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role. Please include ‘Operations Lead Job title’ in the email subject line.